Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bobby's Background

    Since we are all new to this, I figured it would be a good idea to spend a few minutes going over my background in a little more detail than on the welcome screen.
      I am a 19 year old college kid and I do college kid stuff.  I try to surf as often as I can, will jump in any body of water to swim, and love every kind of water sport.  My parents live in a sub-division on a little more than an acre so true agricultural life started for me when I moved to the farm on my 18th birthday.  I was devoted to the FFA (Future Farmers of America) in high-school which sparked my interest in gardening, poultry and livestock.  My initial inclination toward organics was a product of Mac's influence, although I know see the benefit and importance of this lifestyle.
     When it comes to school, I enjoy most math subjects although I've had to really work at it lately.  I am lucky enough to have an academic scholorship that takes care of school expenses.  I will be transfering from community college to a four year university sometime in the next year.  I hope to begin working for an Environmental Engineer before I graduate to get my foot in the door.
     I have a very close net of friends, most of whom live about an hour from me and attend my girlfriends college.  We spend as much time as we can together, they are my foundation.  My family is extended, expanded, complicated, but great.  Both of my parents remarried after their divorce, each adding step-siblings.  Christmas is always a long day, four sets of grandparents and all.
     Right now, the farm is my life.  I rarely vacation too far away because I quickly get homesick,  between the garden, the rolling pastures, the ducks, the chickens, the horses, the cat, and the dogs, what is there to have vacation from?

1 comment:

  1. NOW I KNOW OF SOMEWHERE I CAN GO AND GET INFORMATION THAT I MAY NEED IN TIME OF FREEZING VEGGIES.THIS IS A GREAT IDEA FROM YOU AND MAC.WILL YOU LIST SOMETHING ON GROWING TOMATOES AND HOW THE DIRT NEEDS TO BE TO HAVE A GOOD HARVEST. I REALLY HAD PROBLEMS THIS YEAR. AGAIN THIS IS A GREAT IDEA.

    ReplyDelete